How to Set Up Macintosh
for Azteca Net Dialup Account
- Using Installer, Install Open Transport 1.1 *
- Using Installer, Install OT/PPP 1.0 *
- Open the Control Panel in the Apple Menu Items (Keep open for Steps 4 -
- Open Control Panel "Modem"
- Identify the modem & port
- Open Control Panel "PPP"
- Add user name, password and access number 484-0007 (If you're located outside
the 310 area, click here
to see the phone numbers. Or call us at (310) 677-8301 and ask for your local
phone number.) MAKE SURE TO ASK THE OPERATOR
IF A NUMBER IS LOCAL SO YOU INCUR NO EXTRA CHARGES !
- Open Control Panel "TCP/IP"
- Describe protocol
- In "Connect" pop up menu select "PPP"
- In "Config" pop up menu select "Using PPP Server"
- In Name Server Address:
Enter 188.8.131.52 above, and 184.108.40.206 below
- Search Domain: azteca.net
- Close the Control Panel in the Apple Menu Items
- Open/Launch "PPP" Click on Connect. Your modem will dial out and
make the connection
- Open/Launch your browser (Netscape, MS Explorer or Mosaic)
*Internet Dial Up Utilities are available on the Macintosh CD and/or Internet
Connection Kit that came with your computer.
Back to previous page
6820 La Tijera Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Phone: (310) 677-8301 - Fax: (310) 641-5477